Salary – SCP31-32 £34,603 -£35,503 per annum (pay award pending).
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Asbestos Supervisor to join our fully licensed Asbestos Section. You will be experienced in working with asbestos based materials and carrying out all associated asbestos removal works including reinstatement General requirements for this post will include:
• Manage a skilled team of asbestos operatives
• Working knowledge of the current Asbestos Regulations 2012 and the Licensed Contractors’ Guide
• Understand and work to plans of work (method statements) and risk assessments
• Actively adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and instructions
• Assess hazards on-site and complete or make minor changes to risk assessments if required
• Work in a safe manner and do not place anyone at risk from any of your activities
• Use and maintain all safety equipment supplied to you correctly, including respiratory protective equipment (RPE), and report any defects.
• Be clean shaven each working day for using RPE.
• Care for all safety equipment and report to your supervisor any defects
• Have a flexible attitude to working hours in term of working until completion of allocated task
• Evening and weekend working
• Call out rota for emergency situations
• Full current driving licence and access to a car
You will undergo all necessary training required for this post and participate in annual refresher training which meets the training needs of the individual, focussing on good practice, new work methods, regulations and any other topics deemed relevant by City Building. City Building currently has ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association) Gold level accreditation.
You will be keen and enthusiastic, with a flexible approach to work and must have good organisational skills as well as be able to work as an integral member of the team. As the public face of the section, you must have an approachable manner, be a good communicator and be confident in dealing with clients and members of the public.
You should have as a minimum 5 years relevant experience within the industry.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to provide the above service and can add value to the business, then please forward your CV along with supporting statement to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on Sunday 10th December 2023.
Asbestos Supervisor Job Profile