As one of the country’s leading providers of craft apprenticeships and training, we understand how the right training can make all the difference to your ultimate business success. We recognise the strategic importance of training towards improved service delivery to our customers.
In today’s fast-paced commercial business environment organisations require well-trained and highly-skilled professionals with the right skills, qualifications and attitude to meet the competitive challenges of the modern commercial market. Our unique combination of high quality training and on-site experience on a wide range of projects means we are well placed to help you meet your business objectives.
We work in partnership with local colleges to ensure a wide ranging contemporary training programme is available to ensure the optimum balance of training and development workshops support business investment in people and resources.
This comprehensive training programme includes:
- • SVQ Level 3 training programmes for mainstream trades including Joinery, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting and Decorating, Roof Slating & Tiling at our in-house Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) approved College at Atlas Industrial Estate, 12 Edgefauld Avenue, Springburn, Glasgow, G21 4BB.
• Modern Apprenticeship Training at City Building’s own purpose-built College.
• City Building also provides the associated process management of all aspects of our apprenticeship programmes including grant funding administration and support frameworks to develop apprentices towards an average successful completion rate of 95%.
Specific Training Programmes
- IOSH certificated Health & Safety site management courses including Supervising Safely and Managing Safely
- CITB certificated courses including Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS); Construction Skills new Health, Safety and Environmental test (formally CSCS) including employee competency card
- Certificated First Aid Training (initial 3 day course) and First Aid Refresher Training (2 days) including employee competency card
- PASMA certificated Working at Height Course including employee competency card
- Additional City Building certificated independent Health & Safety based courses including Manual Handling, Fire Safety, Asbestos Awareness, Driver Awareness, Ladder Fix, Mobile Roof Anchoring Systems carried out by our fully trained and competent staff
- Fully interactive I.T. Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced training packages for Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook software
- Wide ranging training packages on Power Tool training including CAT & Genny; Hand Held Power Tools; Abrasive Wheels, Circular Flip Saw, Core Cutting, Wood Machine Safety Awareness
Our fully-equipped SQA-approved College and Learning Centre combine practical workshops and classrooms, using the latest IT equipment for example Smartboards and Internet connectivity, to provide an excellent education experience for learners to gain on-the-job experience.
City Building enjoys a long track record of delivering high quality training and apprenticeship services to both public sector and commercial organisations; while benefiting from continuing experience in training and support for people with disabilities through RSBi, one of the largest supported employment facilities in the UK.