We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Asbestos Operative to join our fully licensed Asbestos Section who has customer service at the forefront in taking the business forward in the new and exciting challenges that lie ahead. You will be experienced in working with asbestos based materials and carrying out all associated works including reinstatement.
General requirements for this post will include:
• Work as part of a skilled team of asbestos operatives
• Work to plans of work (method statements) and risk assessments
• Actively carry out all Health & Safety procedures and instructions
• Assess hazards on-site and complete or make minor changes to risk assessments if required
• Work in a safe manner and do not place anyone at risk from any of your activities
• Use all safety equipment supplied to you including respiratory protective equipment (must be clean shaven to use this)
• Care for all safety equipment and report to your supervisor any defects
• Flexible attitude to working hours in term of working until completion of allocated task
• Evening and weekend working
• Call out rota for emergency situations
You will undergo all necessary training required for this post and participate in annual refresher training which meets the training needs of the individual, focussing on good practice, new work methods, regulations and any other topics deemed relevant by City Building.
You will be keen, with a flexible approach to work and must have good organisational skills and be able to work as an integral member of a team. A full current driving licence is essential for this post. You should have as a minimum 5 years relevant experience within the industry. The working pattern will be on a 4 on 4 off basis, hours being 8.00am – 6.00 pm with 45 minutes for lunch.
Salary – £31,020 per annum.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to provide the above service and can add value to the business, then please forward your CV and application supporting statement to the HR Section at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to HR Section, 350 Darnick Street, Glasgow G21 4BA, no later than Friday 21 January 2022.
Asbestos Operative – Job Profile