Trainee Infrastructure Officer (Database Administrator)
An exciting opportunity for a Trainee Infrastructure Officer (DBA) has arisen within our busy IT section. If you have the drive and the ambition and would like to expand your technical knowledge and skills then this position is for you.
As a key member of the team the main duties will include:
• Identifying, test and supporting new applications and changes to existing applications.
• Provide support to business areas and ensure the application succeeds in meeting the business requirements.
• Work with both internal and external developers on future application rollouts and builds.
• Assist in functional test execution using manual and automated test scripts across the development lifecycle.
• Identifying defects in the software and work with the project team to see defects through to resolution.
• Liaising with other team members to ensure smooth rollout of applications to the business.
Advanced excel skills is essential as well as a good understanding of applications used within the business. Knowledge of databases e.g Oracle19C and/or Microsoft 2012 SQL technologies and concepts would be beneficial but not essential.
Once the appropriate training has been provided you will be joining a team that provides 24/7 systems support every day of the year and you will be included in the on-call rota.
The successful candidates will liaise with support companies to log and follow through with service incidents when required. You should be comfortable working as part of a team or on your own when required. Relevant training and development will be provided where required.
Salary placing and progression will be subject to a competency-based framework.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the above role then please submit your CV along with a detailed supporting statement by email to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 23rd June 2023.