IT Technical Support Officer
Salary – circa 22k + benefits
City Building (Glasgow) LLP delivers quality construction services across the public and private sectors to a wide range of clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Technical Support Officer.
This excellent opportunity has arisen to provide technical support to all customers, assisting with any hardware (including mobile) and software problems.
• Previous experience of telephone support in a helpdesk environment
• An excellent telephone manner
• Knowledge of using a call logging system
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, in particular Microsoft Office 365
• Experience of using and troubleshooting Outlook in a network environment including permissions, calendar sharing and delegation etc
• Practical experience, including troubleshooting, of Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• A good knowledge and understanding of PC, Laptop and mobile hardware set up and configuration
• Experience of SCCM, Active Directory and VMware
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide technical support to all business areas
• Provide remote device and application support to mobile operatives
• Be proactive when dealing with user issues and take ownership of user problems
• Log all calls on call logging system
• Respond efficiently to enquiries and effectively resolve any hardware or software problems
• Maintain a log of software and hardware problems detected
• Allocate complex calls to appropriate IT Support member
• Organise external technical support for any problems which cannot be resolved in house
You must have at least:
• 3 years experience in IT Technical Support
• Experience of building and deploying mobile devices
• Microsoft training certificates would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and qualities for this role then please forward your CV to HR Section, 350 Darnick Street, Glasgow G21 4BA or email email@example.com by no later than Friday 12 February 2021.