The City Building Group comprises of City Building Glasgow (CBG) and City Building Contracts (CBC). The group operates within the construction industry, has a combined turnover in excess of £250m per annum and a workforce of more than 2,000 employees. The Financial Controller is a key member of the Finance Team and is responsible for ensuring that the group maintains strong financial management, underpinned by effective financial controls whilst ensuring statutory and regulatory requirements are observed.
Alongside the Divisional Director of Finance, you will be responsible for ensuring the development, commitment and implementation of Finance strategies which support the delivery of the group’s approved business plans. You will bring a strong commercially focused finance skill, executive presence, evident influencing abilities, and proven leadership skills.
– You will develop a good understanding of the business and the industry it operates whilst leading an integrated professional finance team to delivery exceptional financial management consistent with business objectives.
– Providing financial and commercial support to the Extended Management Team to ensure appropriate financial management and budgetary compliance in the delivery of approved business plans. Furthermore, you will liaise with divisional managers providing professional advice and guidance to ensure effective budgetary control and continuous improvement.
– Manage the production of statutory annual accounts, annual business plans, monthly management accounting packs, financial administration, cash flow, taxation advice and compliance with processes.
– Ensuing compliance with all relevant legislation whilst providing direction in the development of policies, procedures and monitoring arrangements in support of this. Engaging and liaising with external regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
– Playing a key role in the identification of new business efficiencies to ensure we are equipped to respond to changing needs whilst safeguarding the interests of the business at all times.
You will be fully qualified, either, CA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA and have operated at a senior level, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be knowledgeable and credible in the relevant areas and will represent the interests of the business at all times.
You will be fully conversant with up to date legislative developments within all aspects of a commercially focused organisation and will bring an innovative approach to new developments. You will have extensive management experience and a commitment to development both on a personal basis and for your team, you will display a track record of relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills.
You will be required to have a flexible approach to this role and in your contribution to the success of the business.
In addition to an excellent salary, defined benefit pension scheme and leave, we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Controller Job Profile