Salary – £25,197 – £27,009
The Finance assistant is a key member of the Finance Team within the City Building Group, comprising City Building Glasgow LLP (CBG) and City Building Contracts LLP (CBC). City Building operates in the construction industry and has a combined turnover in excess of £200m per annum with a workforce of more than 2,000 employees.
The role reports directly to the AP & AR Assistant Supervisor and your team is responsible for the processing of all supplier invoices and the generation of customer sales invoices.
Key responsibilities include:
• Processing supplier invoices for payment per required payment terms.
• Flagging and clarifying any unusual item, prices or invoices.
• Ensuring banking information held on our SAP finance system match supplier invoice details.
• Working with our suppliers to ensure their accounts are up to date.
• Raising sales invoices/ credit notes accurately and with the correct coding.
• Raising and signing off external job lines.
• Liaising with operational teams regarding billing requirements, accepting payments, and reconciling payments received against invoices raised.
• Maintaining accurate records appertaining to sales invoices raised.
• Checking and the authorisation of creditor payment batches.
• Assist in the escalation of supplier and customer queries to ensure that they are dealt with effectively.
• Seek to improve processes and systems whilst generating efficiencies.
• Working closely with operational managers to improve processes and assist as required.
• Engagement with the other finance teams to ensure compliance with accounting requirements.
You will have experience of working in a busy Finance Team and be accustomed to working to tight deadlines. You will have a positive approach to work and have a high degree of numerical accuracy and good attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Experience in using Excel and Word is also essential.
You will be required to have a flexible approach to this role and in your contribution to the success of the business.
The position is fixed term for up to 1 year.
Your basic hours of work will be 36 hours per week which will incorporate flexible working to suit the needs of the business. In addition, we offer a wide-ranging generous benefits package including pension scheme, staff discount scheme, family friendly policies and access to enhanced leave and sick pay arrangements and a hybrid working pattern.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and qualities for this role then please forward your CV and a supporting statement to email@example.com by no later than Sunday 16 July 2023.
Finance Assistant Job Profile