Salary – £30,002 – £32,644
City Building is a highly successful and evolving business which has a proven track record of strategic delivery within the commercial marketplace. As one of Scotland’s largest construction companies, we provide a range of repairs and maintenance, construction, manufacturing and refurbishment activities across the public, private and third sectors. The company celebrates success and innovation and as well as being recognised as one of the top 90 businesses in Scotland for employment and diversity and with a turnover circa £200 million, our business is in the top 100 construction companies in the UK.
Opportunities have arisen within our Asbestos Section for experienced Asbestos Surveyors
The individual must possess the P402 certificate for asbestos sampling and surveying and it would be beneficial to have also the P405 for Managing asbestos in buildings and also any of the Royal Society For Public Health (RSPH) qualifications.
Key tasks for this role will include carrying out asbestos Management and Refurbishment surveys within domestic and non-domestic properties, mainly housing stock.
Collating and submitting accurate asbestos reports as and when required.
All the usual attributes, Health and Safety conscious, IT literate, team player, flexible, work independently or part of a team, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Have the ability to manage own work load and work with the latest asbestos survey software technology.
Surveyors will be required to be clean shaven.
Surveyors will be required to have full UK clean driving licence.
Excellent knowledge with the asbestos industry and will have a good understanding of HSG 264, The asbestos Survey Guide, HSG 247, The licenced Contractors Guide.
Previous experience working for a UKAS accredited company would be an advantage.
The candidate will also have a good understanding of UKAS Accreditation, RG8 Accreditation of Bodies Surveying for Asbestos in Premises, (ISO 17020).
preferably with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the asbestos removal industry.
You will be experienced in working with asbestos containing materials and carrying out all associated asbestos removal and repair works including minor reinstatement.
General requirements for this post will include:
• Working as part of a skilled team of asbestos operatives AND
• Displaying an ability to work alone and show initiative under pressure
• Being conversant with the current Asbestos Regulations (2012) and the Licensed Contractors Guide (HSG247).
• Understanding Plans of Work (method statements) and Risk Assessments
• Actively adhering to all Health & Safety procedures and instructions
• Assessing hazards on-site and completing or making minor changes to POW and Risk Assessments if required
• Working in a safe manner and not placing anyone else at risk from any of your activities
• Using and maintaining all safety equipment supplied to you correctly including RPE / PPE and reporting any defects to your Supervisor
• Being clean shaven on each working day
• Having a flexible attitude to working hours and be prepared to work on as required to finish jobs
• Occasional Evening /Night working as required by Business needs
• Overtime working may be offered as required by Business needs
• A full and clean current driving licence is essential for this post
Applicants must have a positive attitude towards training (Classroom and Practical) and continuous improvement. You will undergo all necessary training required for this post and deemed relevant by City Building. This may include First Aid, Site Management (SMSTS), IPAF, PASMA, Health & Safety (IOSH/NEBOSH), harness training, CSCS and all practical training for using power tools safely.
Any other Asbestos qualifications will be an advantage particularly the P402 (Buildings Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos) as sampling may be required and increasingly survey/ inspection duties will form part of your duties. All Applicants will possess (or will immediately work towards) the RSPH Level 2 competency qualification.
You will be keen and enthusiastic, with a flexible approach to work and must have good organisational skills. You will be the public face of the Section so applicants must have an approachable manner, be a good communicator and be confident dealing with the public. You must have a calm and approachable manner as much of your work will take place within tenanted properties, schools and public buildings.
Applicants should possess basic IT skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail). Experience of using electronic or handheld devices is desirable. Experience as a Supervisor, Surveyor, auditing or in plant maintenance would be advantageous.
The working patterns will be either:-
1. Monday – Friday (8.00am – 4.00pm) with 30 minutes for lunch.
2. 4 on 4 off working pattern (8.00am – 6.00pm) with 45 minutes for lunch.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this post then please apply by forwarding your CV and covering letter to our HR Section at firstname.lastname@example.org by post to 350 Darnick Street, Glasgow G21 4BA no later than Friday 14 December 2018.