Salary – Circa 28k
City Building is a highly successful and evolving business which has a proven track record of strategic delivery within the commercial marketplace. As one of Scotland’s largest construction companies, we provide a range of repairs and maintenance, construction, manufacturing and refurbishment activities across the public, private and third sectors. The company celebrates success and innovation and as well as being recognised as one of the top 90 businesses in Scotland for employment and diversity and with a turnover circa £200 million, our business is in the top 100 construction companies in the UK.
We employ more than 2,200 people and support an estimated additional 2,000 people through our supply chain. The company is currently training 250 apprentices across all construction trades making us the largest employer of apprentices in Scotland. We also operate Royal Strathclyde Blindcraft Industries (RSBi), one of the largest supported manufacturing businesses in Europe. RSBi employs 261 people, more than 50% of whom have a disability including HM Forces veterans.
You will be experienced in working with asbestos containing materials and carrying out all associated asbestos removal and repair works including minor reinstatement.
General requirements for this post will include:
• Working as part of a skilled team of asbestos operatives AND
• Displaying an ability to work alone and show initiative under pressure
• Being conversant with the current Asbestos Regulations (2012) and the Licensed Contractors Guide (HSG247).
• Understanding Plans of Work (method statements) and Risk Assessments
• Actively adhering to all Health & Safety procedures and instructions
• Assessing hazards on-site and completing or making minor changes to POW and Risk Assessments if required
• Working in a safe manner and not placing anyone else at risk from any of your activities
• Using and maintaining all safety equipment supplied to you correctly including RPE / PPE and reporting any defects to your Supervisor
• Being clean shaven on each working day
• Having a flexible attitude to working hours and be prepared to work on as required to finish jobs
• Occasional Evening /Night working as required by Business needs
• A full current driving licence is essential for this post
Applicants must have a positive attitude towards training (Classroom and Practical) and continuous improvement. You will undergo all necessary training required for this post and deemed relevant by City Building. This may include First Aid, Site Management (SMSTS), IPAF, PASMA, Health & Safety (IOSH/NEBOSH), harness training, CSCS and all practical training for using power tools safely. All Applicants will possess (or will immediately work towards) the RSPH Level 2 competency qualification.
You will be keen and enthusiastic, with a flexible approach to work and must have good organisational skills. You will be the public face of the Section so applicants must have an approachable manner, be a good communicator and be confident dealing with the public. You must have a calm and approachable manner as much of your work will take place within tenanted properties, schools and public buildings.
Applicants should possess basic IT skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail). Experience of using electronic or handheld devices is desirable.
The working patterns will be either:-
1. Monday – Friday (8.00am – 4.00pm) with 30 minutes for lunch.
2. 4 on 4 off working pattern (8.00am – 6.00pm) with 45 minutes for lunch. Call out rota for emergency situations (4 days out of 24 – Contract requirement)
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this post then please apply by forwarding your CV and covering letter to our HR Section at email@example.com by post to 350 Darnick Street, Glasgow G21 4BA no later than Friday 14 December 2018.